The Liturgy Committee at The Church of Saint Henry serves as somewhat of an umbrella group charged with bringing the liturgy to life with full and conscious participation for all the assembled. The liturgy starts at the entrance with mood and tone set by the space and those who welcome us to join and participate. It seeks to motivate all ministries: greeter, ushers, servers, lectors, communion ministers and the music ministry to bring the assembly into communion. For it is believed that this open and active participation by the assembled yield better and more fulfilling experiences. Our charge then is to invite, welcome, enhance and grow the Christian community to better meet the needs of the parish of Saint Henry and the greater church and greater community.
Mission of the Committee: The mission of the Liturgy committee is to provide for the preparation of meaningful and prayerful worship of the parish assembly. This preparation includes the recruitment, formation and scheduling of all liturgical celebration. The Liturgy committee will be involved in the education of the parish regarding aspects of Liturgy.
- To acquaint themselves with the norms for liturgical worship issued by the Holy See and the Archdiocese of St. Paul/Minneapolis and to acquire at least a working knowledge of the theory behind these norms. The committee will provide opportunities to acquire such knowledge.
- To promote, in cooperation with other groups in the parish, a basic understanding and meaningful practice of divine worship and communal prayer by continuously evaluating the liturgical needs of the parish as well as to provide education and formation in liturgical matters.
- To develop ministries appropriate to all aspects of the liturgical service. This includes the recruitment,formation, evaluation and scheduling of: Communion Ministers, Gift Bearers, Greeters, Lectors, Mass Servers, Sacristans, Ushers, Lay Presiders, Cross Bearers, and the Care of altar cloths, vestments, server robes, flowers, laundry items.
- Perform coordination of liturgical subcommittees including: Art and Environment, Lay Presiders, Music, Christian Initiation (RCIA/RCIC), Sacramental Sub-committees, and Seasonal Sub-committees.
- To develop and evaluate policies related to liturgical matters.
- To submit an annual budget at the request of the Council and operate within the scope of the budget.
Contact: Dorothy Schillewaert, Chair 763-295-4347 email@example.com